The new PDFtoMusic Pro 5.0.1 ( http://www.myriad-online.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?prod=PDFP&lang=EN ) is the perfect tool to convert PDF printed BIAB files into musicXML files. All available chords from BIAB are recognised as long as no superscript is used in the printed chords above the scores. In other words to prevent this the best thing is to use in the Notation Window Options the Chord Fonts "Arial Narrow" at size 50% and in the print-options font-size 18 (instead of (def.) = 24). Additionally in the print options "Show Bar #s" should be "None". Set Lyrics Below if available! Set both the "Clef" and "Key Sign Every Line". Bar #s may cause corruptions and missing Clef and Key signs may cause corrupted files as well. Bar #s are automatically generated in musicXML anyway if you show them in the notation programs.

Since the conversion might still interpret incorrectly ties, slurs and generate several corrupt articulations, I developed a "find and replace" tool that filters the musicXML results in such a way that it deletes or changes it in order to prevent any manual corrections afterwards. Additionally it resizes to a correct format for reading at tablets, showing correct headers and footers etc. The focus has been to be able to use the score results directly with MuseScore or Sibelius, but more important to use the results for apps at your tablets. In MuseScore (free notation program) the imported results directly can be saved as .mscz format. This format can be opened in the app "MuseScore Songbook" available at iPad and all Androïd systems. The filtered musicXML results can directly be used in the app "Avid Scorch" at the iPad. However it is better to compress those at forehand into the .mxl format which has a 10-20 fold smaller file size and can be used as well.

The greatest benefit of using mentioned apps is that you can TRANSPOSE the score results including all chords "on the spot" in both apps ( "Avid Scorch" and "MuseScore Songbook") to any key you like.

Several of the improvements in version 5.0.1 have been implemented based on my experiments converting all available BIAB files from the "Yahoo Group" which are over 6000 files. Since alle conversions were automatically batch processed, which includes BIAB printing to PDF, PDF conversion into musicXML, musicXML filtering, musicXML saving into .mscz and .pdf and .mxl it was my PC doïng the job. (Only batch printing 6000 BIAB files into pdf takes already 15 hours☺️! PC time).

Imho the results are very usefull. They are available in all formats: .mgu, .musicXML, .mxl, .pdf (from BIAB) , .pdf ( from MuseScore with large chord fondsize) and .mscz. Additionally all Wikifonia files ( another 6000 files) has been added as well! So you have 12000 songs available in any useful format! It all can be used for downloading via several links you can find here: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7389688_4167795_9830380

People who are interested in my musicXML filter and other conversion stuff ( like musicXML to .mxl and v.v.) can contact me and I will give you the additional (free) links to download it, so I can get an idea off how many of you are really interested!

Enjoy,
Rob

Musicians and music publishers are still wasting too much paper...come on men we live in the digitised age...Wake up!