Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
looks like a pretty useful product for practicing Steve!

Yup, with real time view you can raise or lower your voice to get yourself back on pitch. I haven't played with Melodyne enough yet to see if it has some kind of real time ability. I've just been pulling .wav files in to it.

Melodyne Editor and it's varients, as we have been discussing here is NOT a real time VST. It works on recorded tracks.... you have to follow a few steps

1. record the audio part
2. insert the ME VST into the track bin
3. click on the capture tab in ME to enable it
4. start playback ....ME captures the audio during playback.
5. work on audio and save in one manner or another.

That was my understanding, that ME is a tool to use on recorded tracks. I'm sure there are smart people out there that can do some pretty remarkable things with technology. I'll be happy to be able to do the minimum. I'm still recovering from the 8 hrs yesterday that I took to switch out my Presonus Audio USB with Focusrite 6i6 and get it functioning. It's working, and is beautiful I might add, but I haven't the brain power to tackle ME at the moment. Figuring out that Scarlett MixControl was something else. Thank goodness for all the tutorials, some better than others. I am looking forward to the experience however...sort of excited about it.
-Carolyne