I just reread this entire thread and FWIW I'd like to perhaps put my comments in a better context. I'm not a technophobe and I certainly understand the necessity of using these programs for certain vocalists at certain times. I still do not feel that it is always needed.

I think Janice and I spend MUCH less time in the music world than many members here. We spend WAY more time on mountain bikes than we do with music production. We haven't played a gig in 13 years and we took a 10 year sabbatical from writing or playing any music of any genre. Of course we continued to listen all the time. When I switched to an iMac in 2011 I started noodling around with GarageBand that came on it, and while looking for info about it on the net I discovered BIAB. And that resulted in us re-entering the writing/production world.

But, as much joy as we get from BIAB and the wonderful folks on this forum it is a simple "just for fun" thing. We come up with an idea, produce the song and move on. Our collabs are the most fun. The only time I ever hear Janice sing these tunes is when we record them. If invited to a jam session we'd have no material we could remember! What I'm leading up to is that learning Ozone 6, Nectar 2 and Logic Pro X has pushed my ole "pushing 70" brain to the max. To start parsing out vocals note by note for whatever slight correction might be needed would, for me, be extremely tedious and possibly suck the joy right out of what I'm doing.

Pardon the ramble I just didn't want folks who go through this process to think that I was being critical of them. I've just reached that point in my life where simple rules!