I'm sort of like you Kajun. You mentioned your tax business. I'm an Enrolled Agent and work at a CPA firm with about 1200 clients. I'm the go to guy in the office for all the state and federal notices. I'll also turn 70 this November and have no intentions of retiring any time soon.

Years ago I would dream about early retirement like everybody else but now that I'm there I've discovered I'm a type A workaholic type. If I don't have something real to do I go nuts. By real I mean something that someone else is depending on me to do.

People hate dealing with the IRS and when I fix whatever their problem is they're very grateful and that's very gratifying to me. I've handled cases that involve $800 and I've handled cases involving close to a million dollars in taxes and penalties plus identify theft, plus ITIN's, plus state issues from New York to California. I'm pretty busy on occasion.

Late in the year when things slow up a bit I might have a 4 day weekend. The first two days I have stuff to do, the third day I've done it and I'm getting antsy. By the 4th day I'm sitting around thinking so this is what retirement might look like. No thanks.

We'll go down to Puerto Vallarta and she'll stay for two weeks I'll come home after 7 or 8 days because I have stuff to do, you know?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.