This is in the realm of letting computers do what computers do best.

One example of where this is useful is that I have a number of recordings done by my former choir director where he sings in the left channel and the pianist plays in the right channel (he got one mike, she got the other).

We would like to make some arrangements made from these recordings using MIDI and/or RealTracks. Not really even looking for the chords in this case (since I already know them), but looking to line things up (which ACW does nicely in addition to chord recognition). These recordings were not done to a set tempo, but we would like the final result to be. And in the end, I would use his vocal performance in the final result, so it all needs to match. The tempo deviations aren't big, but it would be much easier to work with a consistent tempo. I can make this work using other means, but I would rather spend my time working on the arrangement than on readjusting individual bar lengths, which a computer should be able to do nicely on its own.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com