It's intermittent for me and happens about 1-3 times a night. So far I haven't come up with a way to routinely reproduce it. It could be a combination of BIAB commands that causes it to lose focus or a deprecated Cocoa object function call (but that seems less likely since others haven't run across this yet).

There's also the possibility that it's another app in the background on my computer that's asserting focus without moving the app from the background to the forefront. I'm not using any apps that are hidden, but that doesn't mean visible background apps aren't asserting focus. Typically apps that assert focus move to the forefront, but that's also not always the case.

Since it's not yet reproduceable, it's just a good idea to be aware of this so that, if another user runs into this problem, they'll know the simple solution is to click anywhere within the BIAB window (preferably NOT an actionable area such as a button) to regain focus so that the space bar functionality is available again.

If I'm able to determine a way to reproduce this problem or the cause if it's another app, I'll post it for you.

Best regards,

Marc

BIAB 2020 Mac Audiophile
Logic Pro X

iMac Late 2015, Retina 5k, 27-Inch
macOS Monterey v12.4
Proc 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel CORE I7
RAM 40 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

Apogee Element 88