I believe that it is not only a matter of increasing the number. I have two almost identical installations on two computers. Almost, because one is not a copy of the other but a true separate installation -- usually done a couple of days later to better experience changes and their effects.

There is the same number of styles on both computers but still the StylePicker shows different numbers. On my desktop everything is easy and relaxed, on my laptop the StylePicker laments about too many entries. On both computers the number of entries in the StylePicker is way below 20.000. On my desktop the number is currently 6.917 while on my laptop the number is about twice that.

Having been software tester for quite a while, I would create a version that records the path through the program and give that to the users that have problems, especially users like me that have problems on one computer but not on the other. But also some to users who do not have problems.

I would be happy to test run a test version to find the faulty part of the code. And yes, I would make sure to have both installation as identical as possible.

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build