Nice collaboration with Janice! Your voices complement one another well, especially in this genre.

I like the premise of the song. It's inspiring when a broken heart phoenix rises from the ashes of defeat and reframes the experience into something positive and uplifting.

I liked the way you eased into the song with one acoustic guitar and added instrumentation slowly.

And of course, strings are always the perfect touch in an emotive song

update:
I want to add that I think the video did a better than average job of depicting the song. You obviously put some thought into how each scene should be framed and which parts of the song should be depicted visually. As an adult male the cuteness factor of the stuffed bears was a little bit hard to watch, but given the message in the song, I'd have to say that a sentimental video remained consistent with the mood of the song. You are a born communicator, Floyd... this video tells me that you have an intuition about the best way to present info to an audience, be it audio or video. I strongly encourage you to consider honing that talent by making more videos.

Considering the impact that one viral video can have, putting your songs on youtube with clever video interpretations could be a game changer.

Or not. I'm just thinking out loud here. And I know we've already had that conversation.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 05/02/15 07:58 AM. Reason: added comment about the video