Originally Posted By: TexasHeartRush
Man Charlie! That is a GREAT GREAT voice you have! You could really do narration as living! So down home, relaxing and cool! Bring back the old Disney movies!

Great story and man oh man that Gibson! Just like Jimmie Rivers plays on Brisbane bop! What a beauty!

Wishing you the best! Cheers, RG

Wow Rodney, thanks for the nice comments. And I really appreciate you introducing me to Jimmie Rivers. I was not familiar with him at all. I looked him up on YouTube and listened to "Twin Guitar Special" and it sounded so much like my late Mother and late brother jamming together. The guitar tone from Jimmy Rivers playing and the steel guitar was instantly recognizable and familiar to what I heard my mom and brother play many times. My Mother passed away in 1967 and I have only one recording of her playing music. It's a very poor quality recording of her playing "Cotten Eyed Joe" with her sisters. I'm not sure exactly when it was recorded and don't know if she was playing the Gibson or not on that tune.

Here's the link to the Antiques Roadshow site that will give you a bit more history of the guitar.
Gibson Double Neck Guitar

Last edited by c_fogle; 09/23/15 03:00 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.