Originally Posted By: Tobin - PG Music Inc.
Hi all,

We've been getting lots of great feedback on our recently released "Crooner" big band horns. Would people like to see more in the same vein? If so, what grooves would you be most interested in seeing? Bossas? Ballads? Are there specific youtube/song examples that make you say "yeah, something like THIS would be great"?

thanks!

Tobin

Add me to that good feedback after using a Crooner style ( _CROONR3.STY Crooner Big Band with Sticks) for the first time today for the tune "Please Be Kind" which Sinatra recorded with Count Basie. It created a very nice backing for a vocal and I will be able to freeze the version I like and then drop it into my arranging program using the new MusicXML files, instead of the old Midi files which did not have enough information.

What I would like to see is more Nelson Riddle, Basie style (Nestico etc) - Jazzy Big Band Styles that would suit Sinatra (although he said he was not a crooner), Nat Cole, Tony Bennett, Michael Bublé, Vic Damone, Perry Como, Bobby Darin, Matt Monro and Mel Tormé.

Also I would like separation of the sections - Trumpets, Trombones, Saxes and Strings.

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."