Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

I can't speak for everybody, but here's my take on your situation, Josie: You've already shown yourself to be a participant and a team player. I doubt that anybody who has a life can find time to comment on everything. The objection is toward people who dump & run consistently.

Thanks for this Pat. I appreciate it. However, I am not specifically talking about me here. I am talking about other people who may be in the same boat as me but may not have participated much in the past.

I think, your example of TexasHeartRush is a great one. I could bet that he has chosen to spend his time practicing that guitar to hone his craft rather than participating on the forum. His progress shows. I think I read a while back that it took him a year of solid focus and practice to get where he was. If I can remember rightly he practiced to a set schedule everyday (was it three hours?) with his cell phone timer going. He is attempting to get to that magical 10,000 hour mark. I, for one, am very pleased and interested to see new post from him to the user forum, regardless of whether he listens to mine or anybody else’s songs on the forum.

I think J *3 is right when he says that everybody should be encouraged to post their work to the forum, even if they have never commented on other people’s work. It is their choice. Listening to other people’s work undoubtedly helps you grow as recording artist, songwriter and arranger, but maybe that is not on your agenda.

I just see too much evidence in this thread of good people feeling bad over the user forum and surely that is not great. Personally I think they should change the way in which songs are displayed in the forum. In my opinion, it should be first in first out, similar to what they have on FAWM and 50 90.

I do realize this may be a very contentious issue.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/