Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is really great. I LOVE the production. You did a great job capturing the George Benson sound and the Donald Fagen vocals.

Could you share your production tips on the vocals? What effects did you use to achieve that Donald Fagen sound? That was platinum. What was in your channel strip dude?

smile

Thanks a lot David, much appreciated. I probably take as long doing the vocals as I do the rest of the song put together if not longer. With jazz chords like these the harmonies take me much longer. Over the past year I have been working on a technique of building up multiple layers of harmonies and then mixing them in the stereo soundscape. The trick is to get the level right so that the main vocal still punches through. I am using the Multivoice Chorus on some of the vocals ("widener" preset), the S-Type console emulator that comes with Sonar Platinum and also the excellent Rematrix Solo reverb (although I also often use Breverb 2).

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Thoroughly enjoyed it
You certainly captured the feel you set out to achieve.
Sensational throughout.

Originally Posted By: GT_OR
Hi Receder,
your song is beautiful.
I like it.

Thanks Videotrack and Gianfranco for taking time to listen and for your encouraging comments.

Originally Posted By: gibson
Rec,

this is astounding!
love listening to this style of music

well done

Alyn

Many thanks Alyn, I am also enjoying catching up on some of your compositions smile

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.