This will be my 10th year doing FAWM: February Album Writing Month. Several other folks from this forum have joined in along the way. The challenge is to write 14 songs in the month of February.

I know of no other more encouraging and insanely inspiring site dedicated to the practice of rapid songwriting.

It has evolved over it's 15 or so year existence into a world-wide community of thousands of people; some never having written a song, to several who crank out 30+ in a month.

Discussion forums abound, with collaboration, creative block removal tips, lyric craft, song craft, you name it.

I have had some years where I meet the 14 song goal, some years where I haven't, but never a year where there isn't at least one song that I like listening to and performing again. (Hey, if you don't enjoy your own songwriting, then there's a problem!) I can see my songwriting skills evolve over this period, and very often I will set some goals ahead of time for things to try out.

The forums for the site will start dialing up activity anytime now.

PG products are particularly well suited for this fast, frenzied, frenetic festival of songwriting.

You'll see me over there as scottlake . This year, I want to do more pop-rock stuff ala Nada Surf, Death Cab for Cutie, etc. I will probably also do some ambient/soundtrack type things, as well as some bass-focused compositions.

I know Kevin Emmrich participates as well as a few others from these here forums.

www.fawm.ORG Make sure you do ORG, not COM.

-Scott