The VST plugin feature in RB/BIAB has a long history of either not being available (early 2000's) or not being able to sync (until recently). In RB 2017 I was hoping that all issues had been resolved and that I would not not have to use another DAW. However it is still a long winded process to activate the plugins, RB has a high probability of crashing and other fundamanetal aspects like automatic window sizing to match the plugin seems non-existent (Guitar Rig 5, S-Gear) . I have just found that when using the latest S-Gear (Scuffham Amp Sim)the plugin screen blanks out if you change a preset??

Is there any advice please? - my system is a simple 64bit Win 10 i5 quad core laptop, 8 gig RAM, M-Audio Fast Track Pro (latest ASIO driver)with JBridge (BIAB version sold with BIAB 2017). All VST plugins, IR's and cabinets work in Reaper, Cubase and the demo of Mixcraft and Studio One but not in RB. If RB "dislikes" the plugin everything either freezes or crashes.

I cannot figure what I am doing wrong but the RB VST instrument feature for audio recording with input monitoring seems erratic and unstable? Is the situation such that there is no other alterantive but to use another DAW?
Regards.