Originally Posted By: Big john

Thanks Big John, used my Win8.1 key for my wife's laptop. Wiped it completely clean and installed the Win10.iso from disc and no issues after the stuff below.

Originally Posted By: jford

I was bit in the ar$e by the Anniversary update (as was my wife) on our laptops. I had too much work to do to troubleshoot it, so I upgraded mine back to Windows 7. smile

John, everything on the wife's laptop on installing a clean Win10.iso went fine until the Anniversary update. It would take nearly an hour on each pass only to download and fail. I spent the weekend on this and finally got it to work.

Wanted to share this as that Anniversary update was a PAIN!!!

SOLUTION

- Scroll down to where it says, "Steps of manual resolving".
- I followed solutions 1 through 3 and it finally installed on solution 3.
- Solution 1 and 2 can take up to an hour each on those DISM steps.
- To save time maybe just start with solution 3.

Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
If you folks liked the Anniversary update (it caused more than a few headaches for Home users, as well as PRO who did the update) be forewarned in a few weeks the latest major update Windows (10) Creators is coming.

Thanks Larry. In my case, all of our machines are on Win10 PRO. I think I'll take one for the PG forum team here and start working on the Creators update on my main laptop. There's an option in Updates to upgrade early.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory