Originally Posted By: furry
NICE one, good clean mix and not cluttered

Thanks Graham, I'm pleased you found the song clean and uncluttered, more than I can say for my little music room/office. Love your quote by the way....
'Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem'.

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Paul.

The drummer boy you mentioned might have been a nice touch, say towards the end. Didn't miss it until I read your extra detail and then I suddenly wanted it!
Looking forward to more.
Cheers, ROG.

Hi Rog, many thnks for your very kind comments.
The particular drum sound I had in mind I couldn't find.....or make hence the omission albeit I do agree if I was a little more patient it wouild have added to the song a lot.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Got an early Beatles sound to us.

The mix sounds really nice on our monitors with every track sitting nicely in its place.

Janice mentioned the nice use of dynamics throughout. She said you can feel the tension building.

Enjoyed it...vocals, write, arrangement and production.

Congrats on a nice one!

J&B

Hi you guys, always lovely to hear your thoughts and to receive such wonderful comments. Once again the Beatles and or 60's Merseybeat sound has been compared with my music. What an accolodae to recieve me thinks. Like many my love of the Beatles ballads has had an influence on me since I was a youth and obviously must come out in the stuff I do.
Pleased you liked my efforts and the build up of tension, I must find a way of relaxing. lol

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Paul, I really liked this one. Your vocal is outstanding. Like ROG, I would have
liked to hear the drums come in later on. Real nice write and production, Tom

Many thanks Tom, Pleased you like my ageing voclas as well as the overall production, which is not my forte or even fifty. I do confer with your opinion of missing my drummer boy, however what is done has been done and I don't think I shall ever go back to redo things as I wish to move on and I'm a particular lazy git when it comes to redoing things anyway.lol

As another side. Callie had commented on soundcloud that she enjoyed the effect at the 3 minute mark,
I had thought of putting in sound effects at the talky, praying part with explosions and soldiers crying out. The 3 minute mark is my playing with panning of the guitar which was to simulate cannon fire.
Anyway I though it was a bit pretentious for me and left that out too. Another little snippet behind the song.
Once again thank you everyone for your kind words.
Paul

https://soundcloud.com/yorkshireknight
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4e8SXLwMaA00HcN0RaEqEA

BIAB/Realband Ultra plus Pak.2017(3)Intel i7,16GB Ram, 250 GB SSD,2TB HD. Mixcraft 7,Line6 ux2, axiom 49,NT1 mic