Tom - I can't imagine what that must have been like - I don't think anyone can - those speed winds for that amount of time have got to be life altering in more ways than one. Hurricane force winds began hitting us about 8 PM. The power went out about 9 PM - so the rest was experienced in pitch dark without knowing what was happening. For the next 8 hours. Seeing pictures previously of the waters in the bay gone was frightening. Never saw how they returned. We were fortunate that it was only a category 2 by the time it got here and the eye shifted a bit to the east. Our house is surrounded by 50-60 ft. oaks and 80 ft pines. All remain standing. No large limbs fell. No broken windows. The pool screen held (assumed that would be completely gone). We had a lot of small debris - which is just a couple of days of clean up. Our power has come back on, but a large part of the Bay area is still out. Our only remaining problem is finding gas. All the stations are empty. We had a full tank, so traveled to Ana Maria Island this morning to help with clean up there at the in-laws. We were lucky. My heart goes out to those who were not.