Well, Bob may have sounded insensitive to some of you, but he is essentially correct. How many times are we expected to feel sorry for someone who uses substances that either speed up or slow down the heart until that one time they push a little too hard? How often do we read stories about people who overcome a habit that they chose to partake in, and we are supposed to laud their "courage". Does it take courage to take a loaded gun out of your mouth, or common sense?

It's sad when ANYBODY dies, but reality is that we are all going to die. Natural causes is quite different from dying from something that was a conscious choice. It's just that in the case of "normal" people, only a handful of people will care. In my case, I can count them on less than one hand. (I tend to burn bridges.)

However, all that said, I DO wish news sources like TMZ would fact check before they start rumors. I read that Petty died early in the day. Within an hour it changed to heart attack and he was taken off life support. I don't even know where it stands now. Rolling Stone actually picked up the story from TMZ and incorrectly stated he had died about 2 this afternoon.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.