Originally Posted By: jford
Quote:
This is the key issue for me. I run my DAW and all music soft/hardware in a very safe, stable & offline XP unit.
XP is a perfect OS/environment for music recording/making. I don't want to lose trusted VSTs/plugins with a move to the still murky, less boyant waters of Vista, 7 or 10.
Looks like I'll be staying in the past.

You don't have to use the WASAPI driver. You can still use MME and ASIO and BIAB 2018 will run just fine on your XP workstation. And this isn't a PGMusic issue; it's a Microsoft issue.

To verify what John just said

I have already run RUN 2018 on both a WIN XP desktop (one of my triple boot HDDs) and REALLY OLD (2004) Dell XPS 4GB workhorse laptop to make sure BIAB and RB works there- they do!

However, in last few years my real work-space has been Win 7 or Win 10 desktops. Win XP is kept due to non-music/non-DAW legacy SW and HW, and the fact that the 'ol 2004 laptop still runs just fine (I've even changed the BIOS battery)

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20