1. I don't believe it is possible to edit the chord symbol (i.e. Gm7b5) in notation view; however, it is possible to change what it looks like (font-wise) and it is possible to edit the actual notes that appear on the notation staff that make up chords. The chord letter will not change by changing the notes, however. You'll need to go back to the chord grid. And any changes made to chords note-wise on anything other than the melody and soloist track will get regenerated unless you freeze the track after making your changes.

2. Assuming your imported ABC file is on either the melody or soloist track, then you just need to transpose down an octave. There are some hot keys to do that:

• Ctrl+Alt+1 Transpose Melody down one octave
  • Ctrl+Alt+2 Transpose Melody up one octave
  • Ctrl+Alt+3 Transpose Soloist down one octave
  • Ctrl+Alt+4 Transpose Soloist up one octave

Also, under the "Melody" menu, there is a selection under "Edit Melody Track" to Transpose. Likewise under the "Soloist" menu.

3. And absolutely you can make something like that; however, you will need to have the chord progression do do so (easily obtained in music books or on the web or even interpreted from an imported MIDI file). BIAB, however, will not just take your melody and make a good accompaniment based on the melody (it has an option to try, but it doesn't work very well). Just enter the chords, select an appropriate style from the many available, and you've got your accompaniment from which you can play along on the instrument of your choice.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com