My greatest disappointment is the strength of the product I bought. 12 months ago I upgraded from the Pro to the UltraPak for my needs I see little point in going further. I'm still scratching the surface of what I own.

I make tracks to support me. I use BB to make the rough. I used to make my own midi parts but now I use RealTracks main. The issue I have I get something the way I like it, play around some more, and find something I like better. This stuff is so powerful and choices just too vast.

I reworked a number of songs for tonight's show. I have just arrived home at 10:20 from a New Years Eve gig at the retirement village and now feel I need to rework half of what I used tonight.

I use BB sometimes go to RB then Sonar for final mix. I then copy the .wav files out to sets on a laptop I take to the show. (Yes, I often have a backup on USB). When performing I just flip from song to song. (Hank Marvin once said "some artists speak between songs to let people know what the song is about, others are just wasting time, I waste time.") I waste time telling folks about the next song it gives me time to line things up.

The main issue I have is the vast choices in BB, getting it right and then using other people's gear (pa systems in the main). I find the backing sounds fine on my gear but other folk set their gear up differently and sometimes the backing is not so good. (Then again sometimes I leave my hearing aids in, so what would I know. I do wish tinnitus was melodic or rhythmic rather than a squeal).

Just another deaf, half sozzled ole muso wishin' I had looked after myself 30 or more years ago.

Sorry
Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 12/31/17 03:18 AM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1