Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Jim,

Mine is an acoustic 700 and I have fiddled with all of the knobs.

Not complaining, because it is cool, but no matter what you do or where you set the controls (in my experience) you will always lack that warmth, sustain and resonance of a real acoustic, so I can't see using it up front, because all of my playing is based on really subtle string attacks, holds, bends, harmonics, and moving my hands in different directions from the sound hole.

So again, I think it is wonderful in its place but will always have limitations, because, well it is not a guitar. It is a guitar synth.

Make sense?

Spot on. I listened to dozens of clips on YT, and while the jazz models, strats, teles, and even the dobro and 12 stings sound convincing, the acoustic models (to my ears) have this shiny brittle sheen that just makes it sound like they were just EQd to death, and not at all like acoustics. The reason I think (again, to my ears) that the Dobro and 12 strings--which are essentially acoustic instruments work, is because the former has such a naturally bright and almost electric sound, and the latter, due to the octaves has so much extraneous harmonics/overtones.

I'm dying to see when (if) they release a 3rd gen model whether the acoustics will be more realistic (and a nylon string model or two would be awesome!)

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB