Originally Posted By: furry
I've been using cakewalk for years, started off with PS 8. On sonar X2 now. Why stop using if the company folds ? If you like using the programme, keep using it.

In my case, I love Master Tracks Pro (MIDI sequencer). It loads quickly, saves instantly, has great editing features, and without audio added on there are no sub menus and sub-sub menus so I spend much more time with my hands on the musical instrument and much less time with my hands on the computer keyboard.

I've been using MTPro since I had an Atari ST and a Motorola CPU Mac. Later when they went with a Win 3.1 version I added the PC.

Unfortunately it was orphaned in the XP days, and continued to work up until Win 8. With Win 10 it no longer works.

If Cakewalk doesn't get a new home and/or if the new home doesn't keep updating it, there may be a time when Cakewalk will no longer work with a future OS update.

I'm still running it on an old XP computer. When I get done working with the MIDI, if I want to add audio, I just port the MIDI file over to a newer computer.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks