Hey there fellow BiaB devotees.

I've been following the latest thread on the composition of "modern" sounding songs in BiaB with great interest. This is not by any stretch the topic has come up here in the forums, and will not be the last.

As I've mentioned on a few previous occasions here in the forums, I don't personally use BiaB to make music, but for practicing and learning bass and guitar styles and genres. That said, I've developed a deep fascination not only with BiaB, but with other music production tools and techniques, and spend a fair amount of time watching instructional videos and reading up on songwriting, production, etc.

I get what folks here, and often wondered how I would go about making a more "modern" sounding composition in BiaB.

Therefore, I am now soliciting "donations" of previously recorded tracks to see what, if anything, I could do to make them sound more "modern" or like something you would see on the charts (I don't personally write songs and probably can't sing).

So if you have a song that you would like to volunteer for treatment, please feel free to send it to my gmail as 1) a SGU or MGU file 2) the vocals on a separate track and 3) an MP3 of the final product. My gmail account is my username with "909" instead of "09."

Terms and conditions: By sending me your file you agree that if I do work on it and complete a project, I have the right to post it to my sound-cloud and/or use it to make demo videos to post to Youtube so that I can show what I've done and changed. Note that I will give you full credit--and take none for myself--other than describing exactly what I did and why I did it. I have no expectation of making money through music, and this is purely for informational purposes.

Finally, I'm crazy swamped at work right now, so I apologize in advance if I don't respond to submissions in detail and/or take forever to come up with results.

Thanks in advance for your interest and participation. :-)

Last edited by DeaconBlues09; 04/26/18 03:51 AM.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB