Originally Posted By: Narayano
Hi Charlie

Please don't get me wrong - I'm really not knocking BIAB and I can see that it is an incredible piece of music software and I am delighted to have it. I did understand the concepts and mechanics of creating a backing track in about 5 minutes although I'm certainly not completely proficient after a day on BIAB. Perhaps I'm one of those people who can say "When god gave out brains,I thought he said trains, so I asked for a small slow one."
I also think that at your level of proficiency it seems (and is) very easy to produce a basic backing track. I know that things that seemed impossible at first now seem easy and when I think of the problem I had at the time I think "Derr".
I've just finished a backing track for a piece of music by O'Carolan and thoroughly enjoyed it. No doubt I shall be asking for help again soon.
Narayano

I was hoping not to get you wrong to how your comments related to the thread heading that "There is nothing easy about Biab". I certainly had no intention to speak of your mentality or knowledge base. I'm encouraged from your response and your understanding to be able to accomplish something in 5 minutes. At the end of the day, proficiency means you can replicate the process with different songs at that same level, not that you know all the in's and out's of Biab.

If you are inputting O'Carolan and enjoying yourself thoroughly, you are well on you way with Biab. Hopefully I haven't said anything to discourage you bringing any questions to the forum - not my intention at all.

I think you've made a wise investment in purchasing Biab and I'm sure you'll get a lot of benefit from the program.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.