The above responders said it all and very well. I’ll throw in my two cents worth which will, admittedly, add little to what’s been said.

If one feels there is an excess of civility and decorum within the User Showcase then there are surely other board options. A lot of the more production oriented boards tend, I think, more toward the “let it all hang out” approach. Are they more honest or simply more purposefully contentious? Dunno.

I listen to every song I comment on at least 2-3 times. I read the backstory if available as well as all the production data. However, If not asked I’m not gonna inject myself into the discourse by parsing out the production for critiques. But I will always comment on what I perceive as the positive aspects of the song.

Yes, of course, I hear things I would have done differently. Does that mean I’d do it better? Or simply differently? That takes considerable thought for me. However as others have said if a poster requests specific constructive comments on a lyric or specific production values I’ll then be glad to offer an opinion assuming that it’s a topic for which I have some experience. .

But irrespective of what I write I’m not particularly enthralled with it being referred to as crap - even obliquely. smile

Cheers,

Bud