Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
>>> No comparison between WIN & MAC versions.
That statment might have been true 5 years ago, but it is not true today. Now they are very close, and Mac exceeds in some ways (better latency, overall sound). The proof of that is the things that people are pointing out that may be on Windows but not Mac are all minor features. The major ones are all there and work the same. The minor ones (e.g. lyric editor dialog accessed from the event list) we are working on and add them especially when someone points them out.

Well, for someone who works a lot with Melody & lyrics, I find there is no comparison between MAC 2017 & WIN version, as far as getting things done. I have both WIN & MAC versions but have to do most Melody & Lyric work in Windows. Not being able to copy lyrics is another issue (ie needing to retype choruses) which also needs to be addressed (if it hasn't been in MAC 2018). So for much of my work there is no comparison. That said, song generation and sound quality is very good.

Regarding, importing lyrics with midi file (which is also supposedly on the way) opening as XML works for me with lyrics (from Notion) but musical some notes get misinterpreted (ie certain notes as naturals instead of sharps - usually same not throughout the song), same XML imports fine into my WIN version. Maybe this will be fixed as well (also it would be nice if notation scroll ahead worked beyond 60 or so bars.....)

However, on Peter's advice that the Lyric editor & Piano Roll is a week away, I'll upgrade to 2018 version.

WIN 10, BIAB WIN2022, Studio One 5, Audient iD4