Well on reading this thread a common theme running through it is, practice practice practice.

All well and good, but this leads on to the question, how much time really (especially at our age) does one want to practice and spend almost every free minute getting better at our hobby?

I certainly don't want to spend all that time, especially as I like reading online magazines and do other stuff.

I do practice a lot more now than I did years ago, for years, or almost decades I never touched the guitar at all, and I think when you get back to music at an older age, there may well may be a regret that one didn't practice a lot more when younger, so maybe a desire to make up for lost time.

I also think that to start gigging for the first time when in late 50's or 60's is a little sad, well change that to stressful, and I for one wouldn't want to do it.

So maybe a better idea would be to substitute the words, practice, practice, practice to Play and enjoy and have fun.

As regards forgetting the words and even chords for songs, think I might get a prize for that!

Last edited by musiclover; 06/07/18 10:34 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile