Dear "Mario D"...

Rhythmically funky, yet wistful in mood ...minor-keyed, yet mellow...artfully atmospheric...these are the words that came to my mind as I listened to "Rainy Day Doodling".

Some of your "changes" were daring and unexpected, but also musically exciting to hear. They kept me anticipating where the song would go.

The breaks between the verses were playful and fun to anticipate. The Real Drums cymbal work added mist and shimmer to the track's sound. If you hadn't informed us of the instruments you played -- the bass, the guitars and the flute -- I would have presumed they were Real Tracks because of the relaxed feel of your improvisations.

I'd take the word "Doodling" out of your title. It makes it sound as though you were just playing around, but the song doesn't come off like that. It sounds like it was performed by a tight and talented group of musicians who conjured up the feel, the scent, and the taste of...a rainy day.

Sincerely,

bluage (a.k.a. LOREN)

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".