This is something I feel is very importnt for us guys who mainly do covers of songs. The topic is using MIDI tracks found on the internet.

For those of you who don't know what MIDI, or Musical Instrument Digital Interface, started out as a universal language for digital instruments to interact with each other via a cable. You would plug this cable in and you could sync the tempo of one machine to another, use a sound bank from another instrument, and a whole lot more. Now adays, you don't even need to have an instrument to use MIDI; all you need is a DAW, software instruments and MIDI files. Because MIDI files are now being made via computer, you can download these files from the internent and if you have hi quality samples,I recomment 8dio, you can have a really convincing backing tracks.

So, my point here is to tell all those people out there who are mainly playing covers for solo gigs and need to have accurate backing parts to use MIDI files that can be found on millions of website for free. If you are playig a song, like a Jimmy Buffet type song where you only care about the chords, then you use BIAB.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer