Band-in-a-Box supports copying within a song, checkout page 186 of the Band-in-a-Box for Windows manual for a description of how copy/paste currently works, essentially copy/paste is highlight, Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V to paste. The only thing lacking is for copy/paste to work during multiple instances of the program. I think I have a workable solution!

The current default is a user is limited to having one instance of Band-in-a-Box open, a user has to go into preferences (Ctrl + E or Options > Preferences) to enable the option of enabling more than one instance open at a time. Enabling the open multiple instances should add one step to how to use the copy/paste feature. The steps become highlight bars in one instance of Band-in-a-Box, Ctrl + C opens a window with check boxes to select what data will be copied the cursor is moved to a different bar in any open instance of Band-in-a-Box and Ctrl + V pastes the selected data. The key ideas are what data is available for selection does not change and the data selection window is not relevant and is not used unless the multiple instances option in preferences is selected.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home