Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
In our opinion the sweet spot for how forward a vocal "should" be is different for each song and is always relative to the experiences of the listener. FWIW, for us it sounds fine. And as floyd said "They have a nice 'warmth' and sit in the mix well."

And that vocal is superbly delivered!

As is the solo guitar (effects, arrangement and playing). Whether a rock ballad or blues you have the knack for always putting guitar parts in the mix always stand out yet are always supportive of the vocalist and the mix...sweet.

The acoustic guitar sparkles! Did you use Waves's CLA Unplugged?

Great production!

J&B

Thanks for the comment on the guitar, Bud! Supporting the vocalist is the main job of a guitarist IMHO and it's what I always try and accomplish.

You asked if I used CLA Unplugged on the BIAB acoustic guitars. I have used that plugin many times in the past on BIAB acoustic guitars (also on my electric guitar tracks sometimes), but in this particular case I actually used CLA Guitars on both of those tracks.

I'll probably upload an updated mix this weekend or early next week, Chris bought herself a new mic and wants to redo the vocal.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Dave and Chris, I really like this song. The acoustic guitars sound great. The solo is very well played with a great tone. The vocal is well done and at certain spots reminds me of Ann Wilson of Heart. The production keeps getting better and better. Everything sounds just right to me, Tom

Thanks, Tom! I'm always trying to improve my production skills, lots to learn but it's a fun process.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another cool song.....you guys are on a roll!! Great groove that just rolls along in a very sweet way. Mix sounds great and vocal and guitar playing are killer! Great job guys!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for the listen and comments, Greg, it is appreciated!