Hi beatmaster,

thanks a lot for your kind feedback on Hens Night ’68 - you and the others really made my day !

You asked me to describe the way I produce my videos: Well, first of all the resources I use are CHEAP: A green screen, a cheap Panasonic camera and 4 very cheap photo lamps - the whole equipment was less than 400 bucks. As an editing program I use Camtasia which may not be as powerful as other apps, but it’s comparably easy to use and the UI is BIG which is extremely important for me because my remaining eyesight is more than poor.

Then my lovely wife recorded every „musician“ separately in front of the green screen, which was so much fun that we both suffered from a hurting belly for days.

Later every clip was taken to a separate Camtasia track where I removed the green background, added a colorful floor and a fake video screen in the back. Of course synchronizing all those clips with the audio track took quite some time, but as they say, ‘The way is the aim’.

But what really took days and days and days was searching for adjectives that rhyme with girls names (or vice versa) and then find suitable portraits for every girl. I almost worship Pixabay for providing all those public domain images, and the same goes for those people who upload their videos to Vimeo granting licenses that allow me to use them - I am really really thankful for that.

On my website there is one video in which I re-recorded a song I had written in the Seventies (oh boy....) and faked a ‘revival concert’ with the then band members. I could hardly believe it, but there were former ‘fans’ of that band who really thought they had missed that revival concert until they came to the making-of I added at the end of the vid and which shows pretty well how I put my vids together. Although I am explaining things in German the images will speak for themselves, I guess.

If yo’re interested:
You Need Some Rock Sometimes, Too

PS (Sept 23, 2018): Hi beatmaster, I just added English subtitles to that 'making-of'. Didn't have the time to translate as accurate as I would have done normally, so please excuse lexical and/or grammatical mistakes and typoes, of course.

Have a nice week and take care,

Stefan

Last edited by Crossroads; 09/23/18 06:22 AM.