Actually, in my experience, it does not take any longer to render a track with 10 instruments than with one. It makes no difference to the BIAB generation engine what the RealTrack instrument may be, it simply is reading pointers to audio. I personally think there is a correlation between the current limit of mixer channels and midi. This was already an old subject when I joined the forum years ago. PGMusic has come forth and stated there is no benefit to having 64 bit over 32 bit in BIAB functionality but have never to my knowledge commented publicly about the mixer limitation. I have also noticed on occasion when a RealStyle generates, a midi instrument will show on a track but doesn't load and play out. This indicates there may be underlying midi control. I've noticed that if I erase a RealTRack, a message appears asking if I want to erase the underlying midi data. I think the mixer channel limitation has to do with PGMusic proprietary programming. I think it's the secret sauce. You may be right, who knows? You are correct I think that all tracks are 'virtual' which to me makes this wishlist item quite viable and PGMusic has just never connected the dots to the similarities between the BIAB mixer and a digital stand alone mixer.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.