I re-read this thread, trying not to be swayed by the snark, and concentrating on the content.

While Scaler doesn't offer me anything in particular, I viewed the three videos that come up about it in a minimal Google search. Here's the one I think might give anyone the best idea of what it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVMkssoqyHM

I do agree that some aspects of Scaler's chord entry are useful but I'm not yet sure how they apply to BIAB. John Ford gave the answer about the MIDI Chord Detection feature of BIAB that I would have given, namely that there are four choices offered and since I compose jazz I wouldn't want any of these to be chosen automatically. Since I know music theory, sometimes I don't accept any of the four. Nevertheless, I think the MIDI Chord Detection in BIAB is one of its best and most powerful features, as well as the most underrated.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors