Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Bob, thank you for long write up.

I got 7 RT, one style change in the middle. 2 RT tracks are only present for 10 bars. No soloist RT. Total 60 bars. This theme should "fly". Not sure why it takes so looong.

I tried muting/freezing all RT except one... That single RT takes exactly 8 seconds to regenerate (60 bars, half time muted).

There are many articles on the net how to optimize SSD performance. Not sure if these sort of things will help.

The regeneration time is one of my biggest nemesis with BIAB smile

P.S. Would be nice to have sort of "sticky" list "How to optimize your computer for BIAB" for new and possibly seasoned users. Given, that it will speed up things, even just a bit.

drutgat, I am sorry to jump into your thread in such manner, it is just when I saw the regeneration time Bob posted, I got all nervous.

Mike.

Mike, Bob and Videotrack.

Thanks for your posts.

This is all good information for me.

Part of the reason that I asked about running times is that I anticipate that I will be running BIAB from an external source, rather than from the internal SSD, when I get my new computer.

This is because I will be using the SSD to run video editing software, and the fairly substantial number of music apps that I use, so - if I am correct - there will not be that much room for much else.

If the higher capacity SSD's worked well, I would be less concerned about this.

"If The Beatles or the 60's had a message, it was 'Learn to swim'. And once you've learned - swim!"
John Lennon