Please add Auto Input Monitoring to Band-in-a-Box. For those not familiar with the term +++ HERE +++ is the definition per the online music store, Sweetwater.
Quote:
Auto Input Monitoring allows you to monitor the live input to a track when in record or idle mode, but in playback mode, it will always play the audio which is on the track (or be silent if there is no recorded audio), even if record enable is on.

This differs from the plain jane input monitoring definition:
Quote:
Input Monitor Only will always monitor the live input to a track, regardless if the track is in idle, record, or play mode. Therefore, if you have a track in record enable mode, it will not playback what’s recorded on the track without taking it out of record enable.

I believe auto input monitoring is a better choice for how input monitoring should work inside Band-in-a-Box. For some users, Band-in-a-Box is the only audio recorder they use so it is important a feature like this operate as unobtrusive and seamless as possible.

It is also important for the auto input monitoring feature to support the play along feature. As a practice tool and backing tracks tool it is important to hear what you play mixed with the Band-in-a-Box tracks. This will happen automatically when auto input monitoring is implemented.

I truly believe adding auto input monitoring would totally change how Band-in-a-Box is used by educators, musicians and casual users.

My thanks to VideoTracks for pointing out I failed to complete my last thought prior to hitting the "ENTER" key. blush

Last edited by Jim Fogle; 10/16/18 01:25 PM. Reason: Added incomplete thought.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home