After a lot of thought I am, albeit reluctantly, making a contribution to this (off-track) thread.

I have no intention of being antagonistic or to challenge anyone's point of view. Everyone is perfectly entitled to share their own opinions.

I am a software programmer and analyst in real-time computer systems with more years experience than I care to remember. Suffice to say, I know a little about software.

A long time ago we were working with another company, developing interfaces to their software. As long as our software performed to their spec's, there was no issue. During our stress testing we quickly determined that if our software made any illegal request, their software crashed. We got them to change their software to recognize that illegal requests were part of real world events. They then handled these correctly. This made their software more robust.

Because one particular VST doesn't cause a program to crash for a user doesn't dictate that the other program is invincible or even slightly robust. A properly managed and structured program needs to correctly handle awry requests, unintelligible interfaces, badly handled message structures, and much more (like an object being placed on the keyboard - yes, it happens).

Programming to handle every possible exception is hard. Harder that just writing the original code. YMMV but mine doesn't. These are just simple facts. No program should crash, even if it is not its fault. If it does, it means it doesn't handle unexpected situations properly, and improvements are required.

Unfortunately I haven't experienced that perfect world yet. I fully believe that programs mentioned here have crashed for some users - not their own fault maybe, outside influence perhaps, but they crash and if they were more robust, they wouldn't.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones