Originally Posted By: Noel96
Joel,

I'm glad to read that all is up and running for you! I've never heard of and experience like yours before other than Norton Antivirus deleting BIAB files because it incorrectly determined that they were viral.

Out of curiosity, what antivirus software do you use?

Regards,
Noel

Originally Posted By: Mike Head

Hi

Just to follow on from what Noel says above about Norton AV.
Do you run any other cleaning routines on your pc like pc clean, clean sweep etc etc
Anti mall ware ?
That try to also clean attached drives .
You can normally make exceptions on a program basis and some times at a drive level.
Just a thought
Mike

Hi Noel and Mike,

Everyone I've spoken with says the same thing: they just haven't heard of this situation before.

I do have Norton Antivirus, but we have been through all of my settings, history and quarantine sections. There are no hints of any BIAB or PG Music actions. I've used three additional antivirus / anti spyware programs to verify that my PC is clean. Dell used an online scanner, and combed through my computer searching for clues. No explanations were found. All devices and programs are pristine except BIAB.

Adding to the quandary, and making a diagnosis more elusive, is the fact that every other USB hard drive and flash drive I use works seamlessly. Only the PG Music drives had this happen. We've used multiple USB ports and multiple USB devices.

It defies logic, yet something about my computer is causing this problem, and no one has reported it before. The only issue my #$%&#$ computer has is with BIAB on a PG Music external drive. We all agree it's my PC but here we are: no explanation.

So far running the software right off my hard drive is working. I wanted to leave it on the USB drive and save my internal drive space, but so far all is running very well without the USB drive. Again, just to be clear, I have other USB drives that work beautifully and never encountered this behavior.

Hopefully I haven't jumped the gun and declared victory too soon. I'm just really happy to have everything functioning as it should be. My fingers and toes are crossed, praying for continued success.

Thank you both for your messages and suggestions. I appreciate your offers of help.

~ Joel