Quote:

Hi Danny, BIAB 2010 is more suited than ever to do live shows with. RealTracks generate in seconds - super fast! Couldn't go with anything better.

Cheers,
Mike

OK but can it get "note for note" equivalence of the actual covers tunes like a well programmed SMF?

I think I am very familiar with the character and limitations of BIAB SMF's (not RealTracks though as this is new to me). I need backing tracks not simply similar in overall style to the cover tune I am playing, I need "note for note" equivalence of the actual covers.

I can't imagine doing "Back In The USSR" by the Beatles or "Pipeline" by the Chantays or "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones using BIAB styles!

I say this because I have never heard a BIAB SMF that really came close to the three covers (as examples) mentioned.

However when it comes to Jazz / Pop standards then yes I have heard BIAB styles that get in the ballpark but that's because those tunes have been done by so many artists in so many different ways for so long that a "note for note" equivalence of the original not significant for my solo act.

However with more modern cover tunes BIAB styles don't cut it. And from what little I have heard of RealTracks though they sound much more realistic they are simply stylistic "quotes" and again cannot provide "note for note" equivalence of the original

Now maybe I am wrong about all this but that's been my experience to date and I would be happy to be shown to be incorrect!