Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Deacon,
if you can, avoid spinners smile
They are outgoing technology (time to go after 60+ years!) unless you need a LOT of space and money is tight.
If you only need 1TB, I would suggest getting a fast SSD. Price difference is not that astronomical.

Misha.

Thanks Misha,

While I agree with you in theory, I happen to live in Israel where tech products, as with many other things, there are HUGE (and often seemingly arbitrary) price differentials between various types of products as compared to the US. For example, I can get a 1tb HD here for pretty much the same price as you can get it in the US, but SSDs are crazy overpriced in comparison.

And in case you're asking why I don't purchase it off Newegg, Amazon, Ebay, or etc, the thing is that every once in a while customs will pull some package out and demand an exorbitant fee. While that doesn't happen very often, it happens, and I've never trusted my luck :-(

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB