I think I found something.

I placed the laptop along with the external monitor, in extended monitor mode, so the computer has double screen space. In this condition, any application when maximized uses the full monitor where it was maximized.
In the first test, I used BIAB in the external monitor. Second test was running BIAB from the laptop monitor. Both cases above are in extended monitor mode. The third test was with the external monitor totally disconnected, using only the laptop monitor. Results were the same in any of the three cases. I had to force shutdown BIAB in all cases because of the style picker minimized disappearing behind the main window deadlocking the application.

Then I noticed that there were some of the yellow alert notes in the style picker because I haven´t indexed the style database. It seems that after rebuilding the style database, when clicking on the main window, the minimized style picker window immediately appeared as expected, working normally.
If this finding is correct, it means that the style picker screen is not responding correctly if style rebuilding is not detected as complete. It is a bug in any case, because the style picker window should not be allowed to be minimized, specially if it allow a deadlock in the program. So, probably for reproducing this, some styles have to be installed and run the test without rebuilding the styles database. I would ask the developers to remove completely the minimize icon in the style picker window. It is the total solution.

If BIAB is developed in Delphi as it seems is a simple matter of setting:
StylePickerForm.BorderIcons := {biSystemMenu,biMaximize]; // to get rid of the minimized icon
or a similar approach in any other windows based development language.

I took some screen shots where you can see the style picker minimized visible if the main window is not maximized. Then another screenshot with the style picker window minimized (with maximized main window) deadlocked, failing to respond. You can see the thumbnail showing the style picker when hovering the mouse over the taskbar icon, but the complete application is in a deadlock state.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
not maximized.jpg (769.84 KB, 4 downloads)
deadlocked maximized.jpg (715.15 KB, 4 downloads)
deadlocked, laptop screen only.jpg (396.02 KB, 77 downloads)

Jules DeBlu
Guitar player and producer