Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Originally Posted By: TLMelvin
There are a lot of people out there looking to hit it big with their music. I've been using BIAB to produce music for all sorts of artists on fiverr.com the past few years. I'm not making a fortune, but it has provided enough income to support my hobby. I decided that there's more money to be made trying to help other artists be successful (who doesn't think they've written the next big hit?) To me it's like selling picks and shovels to miners instead of mining myself.

I think it has always been true that the only people who really make any money in the arts are those who "sell the dream" to the artists. In a world where "starving artist" is a cultural cliche, the vendors who sell them their tools are likely to fare better than the actual artists. And now the paradigm has shifted from brick and mortar shops to online tutorials and software.

Surely our beloved band in a box doesn't fall into the above category?

smile

Last edited by musiclover; 01/23/21 07:45 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile