Originally Posted By: TheMaartian
Yup. Amplitube 5 CS is the current free version. v5 was a nice sonic upgrade to v4.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5cs/

What’s nice about the IK players such as Amplitude, Syntronic and SampleTank is that they’re free. Period. The differences between the CS (free) and various paid versions is the number of libraries or effects that are included. This is not well understood.

Example: When SampleTank 3 in my copy of TotalStudio 2 was giving me grief in Mojave, I was not happy since I’d only owned it a couple of months. So, looking at upgrade pricing (and not liking what I saw), I downloaded SampleTank 4 CS for evaluation. All my ST3 libraries now worked in 4. Instant upgrade. Woo hoo! I later bought an ST4 package to get some additional instruments but only because I wanted them. The Mojave (later Catalina) functionality upgrade was free. ST4 is far more powerful and not nearly as intuitive as ST3—I found the intro videos to be a big help.

Previously, I figured it was like the NI model where the free and paid versions of Kontakt were different.

The UVI model is the same. The Player is free but you license the libraries.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5