Lazarus,
Thank you for thorough explanation. Nice post!
I do not know half of the names you mentioned, but I am certain I have heard most of them. Right before pandemic, I used to go to roller skating ring with my son and got a healthy dose of contemporary pop for good straight 3 hours each visit smile In my teen years, even with some artists going different directions, there was a sort of clear distinction between PoP (Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince etc.) and Dance music (Ace of Base, 2Unlimited, Snap). It feels that 2 genres had merged into one smile

I do support your idea, but I think request and approach needs to be defined more clearly.
For example, seems to me that contemporary pop has a deep reliance on short musical phrases, mostly synth based.
I think the phrases, and elements you mentioned: runs, slides, runs, rises as well as parts for intros, breaks, transitions etc could be done in form of transposable audio loops. (and accessed/opened as loops in BIAB)

Newly added Utility Tracks could be great for that, as you can use several dedicated U.tracks specifically for smaller phrases / transitions and other things.

One problem I see is the picker. There are whole lot of PG loop content available already, but having several different pickers (main, loop, drum, midi, util, user.) + only a string search in some is not an intuitive process and tracks get buried and not easily discoverable by user. Especially considering that younger users (pop genre) might find the search & browse process complicated. Perhaps it is a good idea to balance the two: Content and how this content is accessed.

I know, this belongs in another section, but since it is topic related, I will mention.
Other POP oriented content I would like to see are even rhythm RTs (not synth based):
Guitars
Wind
Organs
Strings

Misha.