Lazarus,

You've raised some interesting points to discuss throughout this thread. Thank you for your positive and cheerful attitude and for directing the conversation to keep it on track.

I found the way you use the terms demo and styles interesting and thought provoking. I hadn't thought about it too much up until this thread but generally speaking PG Music has always created demo songs to demonstrate two product classes: instruments with distinct sounds like RealTracks and MIDISuperTracks or premium styles like the XtraStyles. Each product class has different demo song requirements.

A demo song highlighting instrument sounds should demonstrate how it sounds in isolation and in context. Ideally all variations should be demonstrated.

A style demo song should highlight how the style handles an intro, "a' section, "b' section and ending and the instruments used in the band.

If Jareth brought instruments in and out as you suggest would that not minimize or defeat the purpose of the demo requirements I gave above? Isn't the job of the song producer to determine how these tools are used?

In my mind what you're describing is why PG Music has the User Showcase. What's missing are User Showcase postings of modern pop songs created by young producers. Why that is so I don't know. But I frequently run across YouTube videos and songs on BandCamp and other websites where I believe Band-in-a-Box is used but not credited.

Pop producers generally don't credit the origin of a song's backing tracks. They don't distinguish if the backing tracks originate from midi loops, audio loops, session musicians, samples, Band-in-a-Box or whatever. You generally don't know who mixes or masters a song. It is the creative direction of the song producer that manages the song from beginning to end.

What I think is needed is for a social media influencer to discover Band-in-a-Box and promotes it's ability to create pop music.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home