Originally Posted By: jmorgan
This thread is one of the most informative threads in our forum.

What if we add "modern drum beats" to the BIAB songs? Will it make the song sound more contemporary?

As you know, there are many commercial drum packages, by Loopcloud or Big fish audio.

Will the BIAB songs sound more modern if we replace RealDrum with those commercial drum beats?

I agree that this has been a wonderful discussion. To answer your thought, personally I don't think so. However, I believe the limitation lies within the Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) user base, not the program.

I don't think there are many Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) users that are familiar enough, and enjoy modern music well enough, to make the effort needed to create modern music.

Look no further than the loops PG Music already include with EVERY BiaB package. Go the bb\RealTracks\Loops. I believe you'll see folders for Chillout, Drum N Bass, Dub Step, Hip Hop and House-Techno-Trance. The loops are there to get you started. If you have a commercial library then place your loops in the Loops folder and BiaB will recognize them.

If you have the desire and know the music well enough, go for it.

I'm sure PG Music is taking steps like adding the loops library to attract a new generation of producers and musicians. New producers and musicians means new energy and direction.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (104.61 KB, 124 downloads)
BiaB Loops folder contents

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home