Hello again,

I hadn't realised that this thread was still active so I'd not checked it out for a few months. Glad to see that the discussion continues.

I would like to mention that my own favourite music is The Beatles, way ahead of anything else. I have no interest in EDM or what I think some contributors to this thread consider 'modern music' to be. My interest is in proper songs with a contemporary flavour.

If you check out my list of recent pop songs earlier in the thread, I think you will find that they are timeless, in the sense that they have good chord progressions, melodies and arrangements. I think there are more good pop songs now than there have been since the 70s. That's partly about Spotify's need for a song to hook you quickly, which has helped to weed out a lot of the boring stuff. Of course, there's plenty of rubbish out there but there always was.

Most pop songs now are 3 minutes or shorter. In many ways, it's back to the 60s, with short, hooky songs. But the SOUNDS were fresh in the 60s. BIAB is great for structure and chords but we need fresh sounds for today in accessible format. 1000 loops in alphabetical order is no use to me. I don't have time to work through them (or slaughter goats myself - that post made me laugh). I need loops integrated into styles, with links to suitable substitutions.

It might already be too late for PG. This evening I had an email from Output to announce that Arcade version 2 will allow you to use your own chords and melodies. If that turns out to be as good as I hope, that could provide what I'm looking for. The current version of Arcade is great for sounds but useless for using your own chords.