Originally Posted By: Lazarus
The main work in songwriting is coming up with an original song concept, title, structure, hooks, lyrics, chord progression, melodies and harmonies.

That creative heavy lifting will always be there, with or without Band In A Box or any other tools.

Band In A Box provides integrated arrangements in different genres. If your genre is Country, Jazz, Blues or Oompah, BIAB gives you hundreds of styles (with different configurations of bands and pro players).

If your genre is Mainstream Contemporary Pop (not an insignificant proportion of the music business), you can trawl through other styles and find a good Realtrack here and there (I've spent thousands of hours doing that, often ending up nowhere) but you don't have the library of integrated styles of the older genres.

I am proposing that there would be a significant market for PG to provide an equivalent contemporary pop library of integrated styles.

There is no less work involved in writing a contemporary pop song than in any other genre. I would contend that it's probably harder, if you're a jobbing writer trying to create demos to pitch to artists in this very competitive market, rather than a hobbyist writing for their own enjoyment (nothing wrong with that!).

The demo standard required by the industry is so high that we could do with a little help in the arrangements from BIAB styles, played by PG's pro players.

That's the only element we would expect from BIAB - instrumental arrangements for our own chord progressions.

We will still have to supply all the other ingredients of the song listed above, as well as recording and editing and vocals and backing vocals. And that's before you get to mixing and mastering...

I support your point of view. But as the discussion goes on, I think you have a lot of prejudices about your understanding of music. You always mentioned contemporary music, you also made a list, and we listened to your list. They are all very common pop songs.
Compared with BIAB, BIAB pays more attention to four traditional musical instruments, guitar, piano, bass and drum.
Many contemporary music are electronic elements and vocal design.
Vocal design requires Daw and plug-ins. This is not discussed.
Electronic timbre can be further improved by BIAB.
But you always repeat that you don't like electronic timbre.
There is a contradiction here. If you don't like electronic timbre and think it's noise, you should like BIAB now, but you want BIAB to become contemporary music, which is full of electronic elements. Isn't this very contradictory?
Finally, I still want to say that the song lists you provide are very common pop songs, but there are some electronic elements. In addition, the current music mixing is very good.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO