Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
therefore why not lets go a step further, as follows
(useing arty intelligence in computer software)....
ie..a true instant coffee , minimal work solution....
c. the user cliks a button titled GIMME A HIT SONG.

It's funny, this reminds me of how I found myself checking out BIAB for the first time, just recently.

I forget where it was, maybe a Logic discussion board, but some guy was developing a computer game and needed music for it. He had absolutely no interest in choosing clips from stock material or producing new material himself, he just needed some free "music" for his game. He spoke of it as it music were a fluid, to be purchased by the gallon. He knew nothing about music and wasn't interested in learning. He didn't really want to have to think about this too much. He just needed some music because games have music.

Others were gently suggesting that he couldn't avoid the creative process TOTALLY, that he would have to make SOME decisions about what kind of sound the computer would be making as his game was played, assuming some relation between the action and the soundtrack. Maybe try to connect up with a musician for assistance?

At some point, "Band in a Box" came up. =8^)

BIAB really can be instant coffee. I've made some pieces just as utility exercise music, my artistic input consisting of nothing but selecting a style and how long the C chord will be played. And yet, it is unquestionably real music, and even sounds pretty good.

I share your concerns about the automation of the musical process by things like BIAB and generative music applications... even as I use every digital tool I can get my hands on to augment my own minor talents.

This fear is superfluous. People who like BIAB will like BIAB.
People who like to play guitar can still play guitar.
People who like playing the piano can still play the piano.
We won't stop running outdoors because of the treadmill
We won't stop playing real football because of football games
I think BIAB has embarked on a new path of music production since more than 30 years ago. Enter chords, select styles, and generate music.
Until today, this is still a general trend in the future.
Many software want to do this, but they don't do it, not because they don't want to do it, but because they can't.
There are core technologies in it, and it takes years of material accumulation.
It's not what you want to do.
Don't studio one want to do it? Doesn't Cubase want to do it? Don't Ni want to do it?
They can't. So we can only produce some Daw and timbre libraries for the time being

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO